Follow by Email

Sunday, May 17, 2009

My Photo Set Up



With my colorful little beads being a bit quirky, I prefer a very neutral background. I've tried different colors and still resort to them once in a while, but personally, I prefer for the beads to be on a minimalist background.

So here is my low tech photography set up.

Yep, that's right. Two sheets of white paper on my old kitchen table next to a window.


I prefer to take pictures on cloudy days. When it's sunny, I am sure that there isn't any direct sun
coming through the window.

It's that simple.

I check my white balance on my little Cool Pix camera, and make sure it's on macro and away I go.

I do a tiny bit of editing in Photoshop Elements, and voila, I'm done.

I think my hardest part is trying to hold my camera still. Sometimes I rest my hands on nearby boxes or other sturdy items.

That's it. Easy peasy. Now let's hear whether you've got some tips and tricks for our readers. I know I've got a lot to learn.