Follow by Email

Friday, September 12, 2008

Ask Studio Marcy...Online Coaching Now Taking Requests


I woke up this morning thinking about all the lovely responses I received from offering a free mini tutorial earlier this week. Thanks everyone for your kind words.

So my natural progression both from being happy from hearing that, is to wonder what else can I do that will be nice for the lampwork community?

It came to me... Online Coaching.

I am a lampwork teacher. I love it. Helping beadmakers achieve what they want to do and then seeing their smiles afterward really makes me excited. There's nothing like it.

I can share my 8 years of glass experience and we can all learn from this. I know that there are lots of lampworkers out here in cyber land who don't have the luxury of classes being taught in their hometowns. (That's one of the things I love about Atlanta- we get great teachers here!)

So here's how I'd like to set this up:
a. I will do this twice a month - every other week to start. We'll see how it goes.
b. Hopefully, this will be a semi interactive situation. Where someone will offer one of their beads as an example and I'll both post their photo and comments and then provide suggestions that might include tips, techniques, color suggestions, etc. in a kind and supportive manner so it is a group learning experience.
c. And the readers who are following this, may offer their opinions also as long as they are in a kind and supportive manner. (I moderate all posts, so only those types of posts will be allowed)
d. I'd like to try to keep this to the sculptural area, to encourage more people to try it.
e. Now the nitty gritty.
1. Email me through my blog contact form on- www.StudioMarcy.com. You can send a photo, 72 dpi and no larger than 1000 x 1000. I can't choose everyone, but I'll try to find the photos which provide a great learning experience for everyone viewing it. I will respond to everyone though. Please include the word "Coach" in the subject line. Also tell me what you would like to know, your website or etsy shop name if you'd like, (hey, additional pr is always good), what kind of torch you use, glass type, and any other back ground info or pertinent info you'd like to tell me.
2. If you are chosen, your name will be placed in a hat for a quarterly drawing for one of my beads.

And I would be remiss if I didn't pop in a plug for my teaching gigs. As I mentioned, I love teaching. If you or your group would like to learn more about sculptural glass beadmaking in person, I'm an empty nester and love to travel. Please contact me for my class syllabus and other info at
www.StudioMarcy.com

Please share this opportunity with others. Blog it, post it in forums, or where ever we can get volunteers to try this concept. Now let's get this party started! Who will be first?
Cheers,
Marcy