Thursday, October 30, 2008
Glass Tidbits, Crazy Stuff & SALE, Because I've Been Tagged Again!
Blind Melon Video "No Rain" 1991
You read it in the title. I've been tagged again. This time by Chatelaine Jewellery who is just the nicest person. I love her tiaras too!
Hang on just a minute and the connection to this music video will show up in my 7 facts about me. I'm trying to keep them glass related, because I bet you're tired of hearing my personal life info. Please post and let me know whether you want more glass related or Marcy related tagging facts, when I get tagged.
Here are the rules of tagging
1. Link to tagger and display these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself - some random, some WEIRD.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by including links to their blog.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
7 Random and Somewhat Weird Facts About Me and My Glass
1. I just set up a 20% SALE section in my Studio Marcy Etsy shop this morning. Read the shop announcements for the code. It's just being advertised here. Feel free to spread the word, as it's a quick one through Sunday night. Click on the right hand side of the page's SALE section .
2. This morning I received a request to make a bead that looks like the bee girl in this Blind Melon video. I can't wait to try her. She's adorable and her glasses will be quite a challenge.
3. Last night I received another request from a different customer to make a bee that is like a peppermint pink and white one. (I think that will be really fun and very cute) I am wondering whether this flying request phenomenon could be called "The Secret Life of Glass Bees" (saw the real movie and loved it.)
4. I have an International group of blog visitors who stop by regularly- USA, United Kingdom, New Zealand, Canada, Germany, Australia, Netherlands, Italy, etc. But yesterday ...within one hour, I had folks from Sri Lanka, India, Indonesia, Singapore, Turkey, Argentina and Poland visit. Curious. Anyone have any ideas what might have happened?
5. I'm currently working on a line of greyhound dogs as a custom order for a greyhound related shop. They're pretty hard to do, because they're such slim, elegant animals. I'll be blogging about them when I get the beads just the way my buyer wants.
6. I submitted my miniature bobblehead bead "Trick or Treat" entry for FlameTreeGlass's Halloween Bead Contest. You can go to their site and download photos all of the entries in two pdf.s. Mine are in the bead section. Cross your fingers for me. There are some wonderful entries.
7. And non glass related... I received a fun telephone call this week. It was one of my neighborhood and school buddies 4-7th grade from Stamford, Connecticut. They've been searching for friends and started a yahoo group. I grew up on a penninsula called Shippan Avenue and the ocean was in many of their backyards. You'll often see beach and ocean related items in my shop, and now know that they're there from my much loved childhood roots. And by the way, I moved away after 7th grade, so I haven't been in contact with them for ages!
Here are some of my EtsyBEAD Street Team members, who I've tagged. Enjoy their blogs!