Follow by Email

Monday, May 7, 2012

Tiki Time!


All households do things differently and mine is no different.  We celebrate occasions as we choose and Saturday night happened to be a partial Mothers Day for me.  I'm selling at the Dunwoody Arts Festival on Mothers Day weekend, so my son suggested that the weekend prior would be a good idea.

And being a rather non traditional family, I chose Trader Vic's in Atlanta for my restaurant of choice.  You see, way back, (about the time dinosaurs lived), I used to go the one in NYC with my Dad as a treat.  I have great memories from how magical it felt as a little  and credit it to my enjoyment of a good drink in a coconut with a colorful paper umbrella.


I found that the Atlanta one was different, but fun.  The magic was still there though.  One of the big reasons I chose it, is because my adult son, Grant, loves anything tiki.  And that is the place for it.  His eyes lit up when we walked in and it was a blast watching him have a good time. From the tiki decor to the music and of course these old school wood fired ovens, the charm was still there, but different.

Hope you had as nice a weekend as I did.  See you tomorrow!