Follow by Email

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Bead Soup Blog Party Celebration!


Welcome. In case you don't know me, I'm Marcy Lamberson a flamework glass  bead maker and instructor.  I was paired up with Melissa Clarke, who who does wonderful bead embroidery....lots of seed beads.  So we are pretty different in styles, but have really enjoyed getting to know each other.

Melissa sent me a variety of beads and I only used two in this piece.  I anguished over the selection and knew that the focal is the most important part.  But being a beadmaker instead of a seasoned jewelry maker, I went back to my roots and made lampwork companion beads for her pink and  black dyed agate focal.  Yep, those smaller ones are all glass.  I've helped out friends before when they couldn't match a stone, so I decided to take that skill to make a necklace that I wanted to wear.

Now my remaining goodies will be another piece or two of jewelry when I have a little more time.  I'm looking forward to that.  Here is a photo of my huge selection of beads for future jewelry.  I'll post photos when I make those.


 Visit Melissa's blog (I sent her some cool bee/garden style lampwork!) to see what she made...click here!

And to view the rest of the participating BEAD SOUP Party blogs, click here!

Thanks for visiting my blog...Marcy Lamberson /Studio Marcy