Follow by Email

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Class at the Gathering


Today is my last day of Robert Dancik's class here at the Gathering.  I'm sad it's almost over.  We're doing a variety of things in a "cold connections" concept.  From riveting, to using Robert's "Faux Bone" material, as pictured above in one of the cuffs he uses as an example.  (Mine is nowhere as cool, but I did understand the technique and really enjoyed it.

So today we'll be looking at paper mache and concrete for holding or connecting other materials.  I'm looking forward to that too.  

I highly recommend class with Robert.  He's a delightful teacher who really works hard to give you everything he can.  And oh so patient...I know that from experience as I put my saw blade in backwards first time....it's all new to me, and what a great place to learn so many new techniques and skills.

See you tomorrow!