Follow by Email

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Online Art Auctions Are Great!


The Art Papers 11th Annual Art Auction will be having a Silent Auction on Feb.6th. But there is an online portion in which you can bid through 9am on 2/5. You can even do a "buy it now" if you love a piece.

One of the things I love about this is that artists receive up to 35% of the proceeds. That's nice. I've seen so many times where the artists are asked for a donation and even their materials aren't covered.

So stop by and visit.

I just like to see a group of unique art in one place. I can look for styles that might be interesting to translate into glass- whether it's line, colors, pattern or something else.

In this case, I'm showing Tony Hernandez's untitled piece done in encaustic ink and colored pencils on paper. I don't know why, but I always love a bird sitting on something. Please don't try to analyze that, because I'm a little afraid to find out the reason. But I love this one.

So for a change of pace, stop by and check this out. Let me know if any of the pieces speak to you. I had others that I loved that weren't quite rated PG for this blog. But sure made me smile.

See you tomorrow!